Little purple pansies, touched with yellow gold,
Growing in one corner of the garden old
We are very tiny but must try, try, try
Just one spot to gladden, you and I.

In whatever corner we may chance to grow,
Whether cold or warm the wind may ever blow,
Dark the day or sunny, we must try, try, try
Just one spot to gladden, you and I.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wanna Play a Game?


I have fond memories of spending time up at Grandma's house as a kid. We would often find ourselves playing a game. We played games from Othello to Boggle to "Mormon Bridge". Grandma used to point out that she was a Game Grandma, not a boring cookies and milk grandma. (That doesn't mean we never had yummy desserts. It just means that Grandma would rather spend her time playing a game with us than messing around in the kitchen.)

Now I play games whenever I get a chance. Often Jack and I will play a round of Yahtzee as a reward for getting a certain amount of studying done. : )

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to help children develop skills: cognitive and social, while enjoying time together with all the love and attention from grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to play a game when we came out to help you move, but we just didn't have time. Thankfully, we had time for a few games on our trip to the Jersey shore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love playing games with Grandma, and I live close enough that I can still spend time with her

    ReplyDelete